You want to change vehicles? Why not opt for a used car? This allows you to acquire the model of your choice at attractive prices. However, buying a used vehicle requires special attention. We will have to examine several criteria to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Here is a handy guide that will help you to choose low cost cars. We will see a few key points about which model to choose, what to check before the acquisition, and what to do after closing a deal.
How to choose the used car that suits you?
Want to buy a used car at a lower price? Before all things, you must do extensive research on the model you want to acquire. You can consult websites or specialized magazines. Specialized platforms allow you to consult the resale prices of a vehicle as well as its technical sheet. You will also see comments left by buyers about their general condition.
Points to check before buying a used car
Have you found the right vehicle for your needs and budget? First check some points.
- A test drive is mandatory to know the condition of the car. To perform a complete diagnosis, it is best to test at low speed. This allows you to detect any imperfections while ensuring a good grip.
- Once stopped, do not forget to make sure that the electrical controls are all functional.
- The general condition of the body, tires, suspensions, brake and especially the engine is also very important.
To be well fixed on the state of the car, to come with a mechanic is advised. We advise you to buy your opportunity from an authorized distributor. Dealers control and refurbish the used cars they sell. These cars are usually guaranteed for a minimum of 3 months.
Procedures to follow after buying a used car
Once you have bought your used car, some formalities are required.
- Make sure you have all the vehicle documents in your hands to re-apply for a car registration and to take out car insurance.
- You must have on hand the registration certificate which must be marked “Sold on …”, followed by the signature of the seller.
- Then there is the certificate of sale or assignment that serves as a contract between the buyer and the seller.
- Also ask for the certificate of administrative status which guarantees that the vehicle offered for sale is neither stolen nor pledged.
- Finally, the report of the technical control is the last document that you must have at your disposal. This paperwork attests to the general condition of the vehicle after a technical inspection. Make sure the check was done within 6 months of the sale.